He then surveys the kind of churches that are most effective in reaching pre-Christian people, highlighting their practices of cultural and emotional relevance, small groups, lay ministries, social network outreach, social conscience, etc. This is followed by a description of the principles and practices of target evangelism, and the four practices that are effective in reaching pre-Christians: The final chapter discusses principles of leading change and strategic planning.
This is a substantive, well-researched volume, full of reference notes, etc. It is the new standard in understanding the principles of church growth. A church in the heart of Manhattan and a congregation among the Inuit people of Northern Canada would seem to have little in common with one another.
- I Saw the Light?
- The Good Thief: A Tale of Mercy.
- The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Childhood Cognitive Development (Wiley Blackwell Handbooks of Developmental Psychology)?
- Blue God: A Life of Krishna.
- The Apostolic Congregation: Church Growth Reconceived for a New Generation.
- A Systematic Approach to Online Training for Hospital Boards.
- The Myths Of Cruise Speaking: The REAL Deal For Cruise Speakers.
Yet in one way they are surprisingly similar: They are both apostolic congregations, churches whose every program exists for the purpose of presenting the gospel to non-Christians, and making disciples of Jesus Christ. What is the secret of churches like these; how have they learned to make evangelism central to everything they do?
In studying apostolic congregations around the world, George G. Hunter III has discovered a set of perspectives and practices that they all share.
The Apostolic Congregation - Church Growth Reconceived for a New Generation (Electronic book text)
With the passion and insight for which he is so well known, Hunter demonstrates how your congregation can learn to focus on the one thing that most matters: With the passion and insight for which he is so well known, Hunter demonstrates how your congregation can learn to focus on the one thing that most matters: He served as the founding dean of Asbury's E.
A sought-after speaker and workshop leader, he is one of the country's foremost experts on evangelism and church growth. They are both apostolic congregations, churches whose every program exists for the purpose of presenting Church Growth Reconceived for a New Generation.
Leading the Changefrom Tradition to Mission.
- Church Growth Reconceived for a New Generation;
- The Apostolic Congregation.
- About the Author.
- Von Jüterbog nach Potsdam ins russische KGB Städtchen Nr.7 (German Edition).
- Living Dolls: The Return of Sexism;
- See a Problem??